Life as a Bakers Wife

Monday, December 22, 2008

Where has time gone?



I don't know where the month of December has gone. I started out this holiday season optimistic that I would get my decorating done and my shopping and maybe bake some cookies with the kids, but no! Life had another direction for me to go. Of course the first week in December my youngest got sick and when he gets sick well, its always bad! by the next week he was admitted to Children's Hospital in Pittsburgh and we spent almost a week there. After he was discharged we had to follow up with his pediatrician and guess what he was still sick but now with a stomach flu, ear infection and sinus infection. Needles to say it is now three days before Christmas and tomorrow morning he sees the Dr. Again He seems like he is doing better but he is still throwing up a lot. of course somewhere amidst all of this my husband and I both ended up sick for a week and well, no cookies, I just finished shopping and not too much else has been done this season. I had so many ideas to make some fabulous gifts for everyone but sadly they will not be done in time. So please forgive me. I did sit down a little this evening and scrapbook a little. Penny Springmann has an amazing new kit out called "Sunny Cheer"

Of course its cold here in Western PA so I had to get a little creative and played on having the warmth of the season in your hearts. So here is my LO using "Sunny Cheer" I also used a template from the "Cookie Exchange" at the Sweet Shoppe

Well I hope all of you have a wonderful Holiday Season and remember its not the gifts we buy or the cookies we bake that are important, its whats inside our hearts that counts. I am so thankfull this year for my family with out them my life would not be complete.





0 comments: