Life as a Bakers Wife

Monday, March 1, 2010

How to Tie Dye a Cupcake

Everyone has seen tie dyed clothing, but tell me something have you ever seen a tie dyed cupcake? I saw these adorable cupcakes done by one of my fellow scrapbookers and could not wait till I had the opportunity to make them myself! Emberly was having an '80's themed birthday party so I finally got my chance!
After making your cake batter you divide it into 4 different bowls and use food coloring to dye each one a different color.


Nate wanted to help so he and I worked on them together!
After you have your colors mixed you just layer the colors in one at a time filling each 2/3 of the way full.

Bake as usual and set them out too cool!
Add icing and sprinkles to decorate and there you have it!
If your cool enough to have access to a silhouette cutter you can add these awesome cool cupcake wrappers for even more coolness!
and Viola! YUMMO! There you have it a tie dyed cupcake!

0 comments: